Australian Litigation & Arbitration
- Property & Intellectual Property Disputes
- Contract & Commercial Disputes (incl. misleading & deceptive conduct)
- Employment Disputes (incl. unfair dismissal & discrimination)
- Construction & Planning Disputes
- Insurance Claims & Disputes (incl. professional negligence)
- Deceased Estate Disputes (incl. Will invalidity & Part IV claims)
- Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
- Debt Recovery & Debt Collection Disputes
- Insolvency & Bankruptcy (incl. Statutory Demands)
- Successfully conducted misleading and deceptive conduct proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia against a listed property trust in connection with the sale of a large shopping centre.
- Successfully challenged, in the Supreme Court of Victoria, the appointment of a litigation guardian who had commenced legal proceedings contrary to the wishes of the party the guardian claimed to represent.
- Obtained a favourable settlement of multiple interconnected Supreme Court of Victoria proceedings involving a property and commercial joint venture in Victoria and China.
- Guided the defendant in an $800,000 County Court debt/contract claim to an eleventh-hour pre-trial settlement for a tiny fraction of the amount claimed.
- Achieved, for business owners sued for approximately $190,000 at VCAT under the Retail Leases Act, a settlement enabling them to escape all liability and to obtain reimbursement of all legal costs from an insurer after a third-party negligence claim.
Looking for something else?
This is a sample of the services we provide in this area. Please contact us if you are unsure whether we can assist with your specific matter.