Cross-border Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- International Arbitration (Commercial & Investment)
- Enforcement Proceedings (in Australia & overseas through local lawyer contacts)
- Review & Drafting of Dispute Resolution Clauses for Cross-Border Contracts
- Claim Evaluation (with Preliminary Assessments and liaison with Third-Party Funders)
- Pre-Arbitration Advice (Advice re Institution? Seat? Rules? Arbitrators? Counsel? Experts?)
- Dispute Management (with Second Opinion incl. on costs and/or parallel settlement negotiations)
- The Law & Procedure of Civil Law Jurisdictions
- Disputes in Foreign Courts (Advice & Referral to Trusted Local Counsel)
- Public & Private International Law Advice
(including from previous roles of partner Julian Wyatt)
- Acted as counsel for an ultra-high net worth individual in a USD 3 billion ICC arbitration (with systems of both civil and common law applicable) relating to, inter alia, banking services, international trading companies and complex investment funds.
- Providing pre-dispute advice and third-party funder liaison services to a joint-venture partner with $400 million claims against a government (under an investment treaty) and a state-owned company (under an international contract).
- Acted for a Middle-Eastern/ South Asian company in claims before Italian courts and through international arbitration in relation to the purchase of equipment and the construction and operation of a large manufacturing plant.
- Acted for Turkey in International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) arbitration and annulment proceedings.
Looking for something else?
This is a sample of the services we provide in this area. Please contact us if you are unsure whether we can assist with your specific matter.